A questionnaire referring to the use of IoT devices in smart cities.
This survey is conducted by the Warsaw University of Technology and an international consortium of universities from 13 countries.
We are asking you to evaluate the use of devices monitoring urban space for the purpose of improving its design in line with the needs of all users, including the disabled.
Some of the IoT devices used in cities:
- cameras (image analysis, character recognition, face and emotion recognition),
- microphones (ambient sound analysis),
- motion sensors (city movement analysis),
- pollution sensors,
- weather sensors.
Data from city sensors is processed in edge/the Edge computing mode (anonymously, not sent anywhere)
Among other things, the collected data can be used to:
- adapt urban space to the needs of all users,
- ensure safety,
- inform about local hazards,
- inform about urban transport,
- provide dedicated tourist information,
- inform about dedicated commercial offers.
We are asking you to answer questions referring to 9 areas and 8 general questions.
Your participation is voluntary and you can opt out at any moment.
Results will be used to assess your acceptance of edge/the Edge computing Internet of Things technologies in urban spaces.
Thank you for your help.